Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Share Thread:
What is the future of domains? Will they loose their value?
With the rise of AI and other things. Do you people think that domaining will loose its value in the near future?

One thing that comes to mind while I think of it. That apps becoming more and more popular. People shifting from sites and apps more.

AI and other things are also there. But I highly doubt that the domains itself will loose their value.
AI is a threat to all. The very basic fabric of society that we have to work and get paid. With that money we will do whatever we need. Is on threat.

I thing that gives relief to me is that although AI is completely self-sufficient still it will need humans to function properly. Atleast for now.

Coming to domains. These type of doubt-debate-discussion and other things are going on for ages now. But domains are still around.
[-] The following 4 users Like glight's post:
  • batman, elliekushn, rubina_t, UKcart
App are a problem for site traffic. But I don't think they are going to effect much on the long run to domains.

However, there are some factors which concerns me. Such as the blockchain tech and anything replacing domains as a whole entirely.
[-] The following 2 users Like elliekushn's post:
  • batman, rubina_t
@elliekushn Tell us more about the blockchain thing.

(03-15-2023, 03:04 PM)elliekushn Wrote: App are a problem for site traffic. But I don't think they are going to effect much on the long run to domains.

However, there are some factors which concerns me. Such as the blockchain tech and anything replacing domains as a whole entirely.
(03-16-2023, 02:34 PM)rubina_t Wrote: @elliekushn Tell us more about the blockchain thing.

I think she mentioned the blockchain thing that created some buzz. And people were talking about it replacing the current domain system with a non-profit decentralized domain naming system.

I myself is more concerned about the AI. AI can learn from our sites and provide that information to regular searchers. In that case domain will become irrelevant.
[-] The following 2 users Like UKcart's post:
  • glight, rubina_t
Domains will be around for a long time. In case you are missing the point here. What are you doing right now, right here? You could have just googled your answer. I am sure these days G would have came up with something.

Many will also argue that this is a community. Yes, this is one. And domains are just like communities as well. No matter how many facebook and instagram comes & goes these will still be around.

People will talk to each other and they will share info as well. Domains are just a simple way to remember a site's address. So, if your site is providing valuable information then people will come. Yes, that is also true that AI can learn and G can read up your info. Still they will lack one thing that is 'you'. You providing your information is the most genuine thing.

And please focus on present and not in future. These type of discussions are a rabbit hole.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 3 users Like batman's post:
  • avinash, glight, rubina_t
It's unlikely that domains will lose their value in the foreseeable future. Domains continue to be an essential component of the internet infrastructure, and they play a crucial role in branding, marketing, and search engine optimization. Moreover, with the growth of the internet and the increasing number of websites and online businesses, the demand for domains is likely to continue.

However, the value of domains may change in the future. For example, the emergence of new top-level domains (TLDs) like .app, .shop, .xyz, and others could make some traditional TLDs less desirable, and their value could decrease. Additionally, changes in search engine algorithms, social media platforms, and other online marketing channels could also affect the value of domains.

Overall, it's safe to say that domains will remain an essential part of the internet and online business, but their value and desirability could change over time depending on various factors.
eUKHost : Managed Web Hosting Provider
cPanel Web Hosting | Linux VPS Hosting | Secure Cloud Server Hosting
(03-20-2023, 06:00 AM)Wilsonjacob45 Wrote: However, the value of domains may change in the future. For example, the emergence of new top-level domains (TLDs) like .app, .shop, .xyz, and others could make some traditional TLDs less desirable, and their value could decrease. Additionally, changes in search engine algorithms, social media platforms, and other online marketing channels could also affect the value of domains.

Traditional TLD getting beaten up by non-TLD's isn't something to be concerned about. And also it is not relevant to OP's query. OP's query is about domaining value as a whole not of a particular set of domains.
An app is a way to make a service of a site or such sort much more accessible then actually it is in the main site. So, saying that an app will replace sites is a foolish thing to say.

Moreover a site is like a home. You can't compare it with AI or search engines giving direct results. Even if they became super powerful and gave results all by themselves. Still people will look for the person who is actually providing the information.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • rubina_t
(03-20-2023, 06:27 AM)glight Wrote: Traditional TLD getting beaten up by non-TLD's isn't something to be concerned about. And also it is not relevant to OP's query. OP's query is about domaining value as a whole not of a particular set of domains.

So, are you saying that traditional TLD's will loose their value to non-traditional ones?