Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Share Thread:
Why Indexing is taking so long in Google and/or Bing?
I have published a new site in the linux niche. In it I provide my views about how it works and other what nots.

I am seeing that pages are taking way too much time to get even just indexed. Whether it is on Google or on Bing.

I have checked all the sitemaps and other things. Everything seems fine.

What do you guys say?
(02-15-2023, 05:07 AM)rayx Wrote: I have published a new site in the linux niche. In it I provide my views about how it works and other what nots.

I am seeing that pages are taking way too much time to get even just indexed. Whether it is on Google or on Bing.

I have checked all the sitemaps and other things. Everything seems fine.

What do you guys say?

It will take time. Your niche is highly saturated. And ask yourself this question what new thing you are providing that can be stated as adding value?

Already a ton load of people provide their views about many things in linux. Distros, apps, app managers, apps outside app manager, customizing linux etc.

Why should Google among all shall get bothered by the fact that you are saying something. I don't want to demoralize you I am just saying the fact here.

Just take a deep breath and think about it.

According to your saying they are getting indexed but slowly, right? That means technical wise they are fine it can be assumed. Try using the social media and also mass answering sites such as quora or reddit. They can also help fasten the process.
[-] The following 2 users Like diamondhead's post:
  • mediadrug, rayx
If your content is not unique then it will not be indexed fast.

And in case of linux topics. Plenty of people just rely on yt videos which are very hard to outrank.
[-] The following 2 users Like mediadrug's post:
  • diamondhead, rayx
@mediadrug @diamondhead Well I haven't thought of it that way. I thought that if the competition is tough then the kw's will just rank in the later pages of SERP's. Haven't thought that it can effect the indexing as well.

(02-15-2023, 07:22 PM)Alex Jones Wrote: From our experience, it can take several days, or sometimes even months for Google to index new content and even then, it is reliant on a multitude of factors, including the age of your site domain (newer websites may take longer to index) as well as the site authority your current website and/or content has.

Your reply looks like an automated reply. Anyway, I don't think that domain age has to do with anything here. Unless they have plenty of good backlinks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rayx's post:
  • diamondhead
(02-16-2023, 05:01 AM)rayx Wrote: Your reply looks like an automated reply. Anyway, I don't think that domain age has to do with anything here. Unless they have plenty of good backlinks.

These days domain age doesn't really matter. I have seen many only one year old domain outranking and outperforming 10 years old sites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamondhead's post:
  • rayx
There could be several reasons why indexing is taking a long time in Google and/or Bing. Here are some of the possible reasons:

1) Website size and complexity: If a website is large and has a lot of complex pages, it may take longer for search engines to crawl and index all of the pages.

2) Website speed: If a website loads slowly, it may take longer for search engines to crawl and index the site. Search engines prioritize websites that load quickly and have a good user experience.

3) Website structure: A well-structured website with clear and consistent URLs, titles, and meta descriptions can make it easier for search engines to crawl and index the site.

4) Content quality: If a website has low-quality or duplicate content, it may take longer for search engines to index the site. Search engines prioritize websites with high-quality, unique content.

5) Server issues: If a website experiences frequent downtime or server issues, it may affect the indexing process and cause delays.

Search engine algorithm updates: Sometimes, search engines update their algorithms, which can affect how quickly websites are indexed.

If you're concerned about the indexing of your website, it's a good idea to check for these potential issues and make improvements where necessary. Additionally, you can use Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools to monitor your website's indexing status and receive notifications if there are any issues.
There could be several reasons why indexing is taking a long time in Google or Bing:

1) Site Structure and Technical Issues: If your site has technical issues or a poor site structure, search engines may have difficulty crawling and indexing your pages. This can result in slower indexing times or even pages not being indexed at all.

2) Content Quality and Relevance: If your content is not unique, relevant, or valuable to users, search engines may not prioritize indexing your pages. This can result in slower indexing times or even pages not being indexed at all.

3) Competition: If there is a lot of competition for the keywords you are targeting, search engines may prioritize indexing pages from more authoritative sites first. This can result in slower indexing times for newer or less authoritative sites.

4) Site History and Frequency of Updates: If your site has a history of frequent updates and has been around for a while, search engines may prioritize indexing your pages more quickly. Conversely, if your site has not been updated in a long time, search engines may not crawl it as frequently.

Robots.txt: If you have accidentally blocked search engine bots from crawling your site through your robots.txt file, it can lead to slower indexing times.

To speed up the indexing process, you can ensure that your site has a clear and logical structure, publish high-quality and relevant content, promote your site through social media and other channels, and regularly update your site. Additionally, you can use tools like Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools to diagnose and fix technical issues that may be slowing down indexing.
eUKHost : Managed Web Hosting Provider
cPanel Web Hosting | Linux VPS Hosting | Secure Cloud Server Hosting
So many people are facing the indexing issue, but some claim that their AI-written blogs are even indexed and ranking.
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
Yes, most of the site owners were facing indexing issues. But it should be resolved now as the thread is too old.
Admin should close this thread as it's too old to keep it open for discussion!