Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - February 2023
Last weekend was bad for us. No direct traffic and very low referral ones.

G is destroying all the good long tail keywords and replacing them with yt videos.

Evergreen concept of ranking is fractured.
[-] The following 1 user Likes white knight's post:
  • zeus
(02-21-2023, 02:55 PM)white knight Wrote: Last weekend was bad for us. No direct traffic and very low referral ones.

G is destroying all the good long tail keywords and replacing them with yt videos.

Evergreen concept of ranking is fractured.

That's why many are diversifying.
For those who were crying that why no update this year. Put a big smile now. G has sent you some love.

https://twitter.com/googlesearchc/status...7515661312

[Image: product-review-update-feb22-2023.png]

So, far since the tweet. US traffic has fallen from the cliff. Although US traffic was down anyway for the last week or so. But the steady amount of traffic that was coming even that is now no where to be seen.

40% increase in Chinese traffic. They just drag down the revenue and nothing else. South Asian traffic is also increasing but it is not from India.

Meanwhile, how EU and UK responds to it we have to watch and see. Yesterday until the update was announced European traffic was good & stable, along with UK.
[-] The following 2 users Like vk_lord's post:
  • abhirupb, mediadrug
@vk_lord This type of thing I dislike the most. As soon the tweet came. Traffic fell around 40% and also I am guessing so will the ecpm rates.
I am only seeing amazon products now in the SERP's.

First place, second place all are filled with direct amazon links. And the rest are just showing links to pages who have affiliate amazon links
[-] The following 1 user Likes marketingS's post:
  • mediadrug
You what who are the people who usually advocate for Google? The politicians and other what nots?

This is getting ridiculous. Google is pushing each and every last small seller in the name of these updates to buy more and more ads from the them. They will not rank you unless you pay them.

Yesterday I spent much time actually watching. It's looks like that G is hell bent in destroying small businesses. By this rate every niche's first or second page are all filled with large Corp products.

So, one can guess around 80% of all traffic will go these sites. And for the rest of traffic others have to fight out or pay out.
[-] The following 4 users Like mediadrug's post:
  • elliekushn, nehal91, vk_lord, white knight
In our case traffic has decreased 20% specially to the landing pages and that's it.

ecpm rates are down as usual. But no rankings change whatsoever. However, I am seeing many amazon products getting a boost.

But they are not the only one some small sites are also ranking well.
Indeed traffic is steady unlike other updates.

App reviews are also fluctuating. I have many amazon products just to be safe. Tongue
Anybody noticing any major changes? And this count app reviews. @joycer

I am not seeing much of change. Maybe it will show it's true color later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamondhead's post:
  • nehal91
(02-24-2023, 03:07 PM)diamondhead Wrote: Anybody noticing any major changes? And this count app reviews. @joycer

I am not seeing much of  change. Maybe it will show it's true color later.

I am having the same feeling too.

And besides  the update is long and will take time to roll out. So, indeed its too early say.