Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Deference between Internet Marketing and Digital Marketing?
Hello friends... i am new in Internet Marketing and i am confused about Internet Marketing & Digital Marketing so i want to know is there any Deference between Internet Marketing and Digital Marketing? 
Digital Marketing is a broad term and Internet marketing is a subset of digital marketing. Digital marketing comprises of Internet marketing, Digital advertising, TV, SMS, Radio, Billboards. Whereas Internet marketing consists of website, Search engine marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing and banner advertising.
Digital marketing is a term that encompasses all the marketing processes that revolves around a variety of digital channels in order to promote the products or services of a business. The term actually signifies the implementation of marketing ideas by using the resources like desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, digital billboards, gaming consoles, mobiles, and digital magazines among others. The use of a resource, however, depends on the requirements of the product and the budget that a business can afford. So, digital marketing is, basically, a wider term that incorporates different kinds of marketing techniques for websites, blogs, banners, and many other techniques of paid online advertising. The term has overpowered traditional marketing and it has given rise to a transition from paper and banner ads to digital campaigns like Facebook, Email, and PPC among others.
The term digital marketing also refers to mobile marketing and digital video recorders among others. So, the technique, 'digital marketing', basically, makes use of all the digital platforms, digital channels, and digital devices no matter whether they are online or not. Other channels involved in digital marketing are banner placement, web TV, billboards, and anything with a digital foundation. As the technique does not limit itself to the use of Internet, it acts as an umbrella that encloses different marketing techniques.
Internet Marketing, on the other hand, is defined as a subset of digital marketing. The term involves the use of resources that completely revolves around the World Wide Web. Internet marketing requires a live Internet connection to promote the products and services of a business. For instance, in order to run a PPC (pay-per-click) campaign, you need an Internet connection to make it function. So, implementing PPC signifies the form of Internet marketing.
You can say that most of the digital marketing activities take place around Internet marketing. So, basically, it's the type of marketing that use website, email, and social media. The different components of Internet marketing involve affiliate marketing, search engine marketing, email marketing, and social media marketing among others. However, you need to choose the resources according to the goals required by the products.
As we can access the Internet from every kind of digital resource, we can define Internet marketing as a component of digital marketing.

Reference - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Internet-marketing-and-digital-marketing-1">https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-diffe ... arketing-1</a><!-- m -->
Now when we are talking about Internet Marketing by itself , i.e. they say things like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Local SEO (LSEO), SEM, Social Media, and Display or Banner Advertising. They all take place on the Internet in some form. SEO, SEM, LSEO all take place on the search engines, more likely Google. It is real time live process done.
Digital Marketing is things like Internet Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Email Marketing. Using the Smart Phones to deliver your message is a great way for lots of kinds of businesses to have immediate gratification with their marketing. This uses the digital channels, platforms and devices regardless of whether they are online or not.
Quite simply Online Marketing is a subset of Digital marketing.
I agree with above answers. Digital advertising is a broad term that encompasses every digital medium where as internet marketing is more centered in advertising methods like PPC, social media marketing etc. it’s really not that complicated.