Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What do guys think about baiting to become members?
What do you guys think about baiting new users to become members? I mean how to do guys do it? Creating and running a new forum is a mountain sized work. How you guys manage to do it all?
Yeah sure its a mountain sized work. So, it may take years till you reach your critical mass. I remember my first forum it almost took me 2 years to build enough content in each and every section of my forum to attract new users to join.

Baiting new visitors is easy if you have plenty of traffic. Try to get as much as organic traffic. I know that ranking a forum must be hard but its not impossible. Create tutorials and how to's they will work fine and get you traffic if you have some quality backlinks. This will drive traffic.

Now, as the traffic drives you have to hook them up to become members. First of all, remember this your forum must not look empty. And to create the incentive of joining create controversial discussion, topics of current trends etc. Emphasize on elements which will force your members to join and participate.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Build content as much as you can and as fast as you can. Forum are not like blogs that the content has to be 100% unique everytime. So, surf blogs, forums, communities, social groups etc in your niche and collect as much as idea you gather from them.

Hire content writers or use professional content rewriting tools to build tutorials and discussions. As soon you as you have reached a critical mass the content and visitors rate will grow automatically by themselves.
Thanks for the information guys.
For a new forum site it will take time and hard effort to seek new members just like our Admin, its a big responsibility to him for handling this great forum site and the most interesting thing is he start form the scratch. Until now our admin is building reputation to other related forum sites to show to the target audience that our forum site is also a great source for discussions.