Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Competition site with Duplicate Name
One of our client who is in real estate and one of his competition used the same Name and Domain and added the word Toronto in front. The competition is putting similar content on the website. The competition also hijacked the Google listing since they both work in the same building. Is this going to affect the ranking our website? What negative effect will it put on our website?
Yes sure it will affect your site like in local rankings and in organic results as well i will help if you can give more information Alien :mrgreen:
Hey @Jodro thanks for reply !! Any Idea how can we get the verification on same address ?
Ofcourse it will affect your ranking. If you do business listing or build any link for your website then it will give whole preference to your competition that is the major factor in the reduction of your ranking system.
Alians Wrote:Hey @Jodro thanks for reply !! Any Idea how can we get the verification on same address ?

You have to contact the listing owner and ask them it's your property (ask politely please) Wink
It's very serious issue. I think sometimes one faces this type of issues. I have read over your all post. your business identity is totally hijacked by your competitor to gain business popularity and earn the great bucks. In this case, Google will not let you create Google Business listing because your website template, address and property listings are same. May be, it affect your organic ranking.
PaulAbrego Wrote:It's very serious issue. I think sometimes one faces this type of issues. I have read over your all post. your business identity is totally hijacked by your competitor to gain business popularity and earn the great bucks. In this case, Google will not let you create Google Business listing because your website template, address and property listings are same. May be, it affect your organic ranking.
it will affect local rankings too
Yeah, i'm agree with "Jodro" Google business page is essential for top position in google local results, without business page it's not possible to rank in Google local and organic results as well.
YvetteBell Wrote:Ofcourse it will affect your ranking. If you do business listing or build any link for your website then it will give whole preference to your competition that is the major factor in the reduction of your ranking system.
Thanks @yuvetta But we want to resolve this issue so that we could get local rank as well and organic as well as we are not getting Google value.
Brianbell Wrote:Yeah, i'm agree with "Jodro" Google business page is essential for top position in google local results, without business page it's not possible to rank in Google local and organic results as well.
Thats our headache . How would we get it resolve