Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Retrieving link juice from old domain
Recently, I bought an old domain in my niche which is of high authority and people are also searching for it. It has really got some link juice in it. How can I retrieve the link juice to my site?
The easy way is to 301 redirect to your site. Either you can redirect the urls to one specific page which you are struggling to rank or you can redirect to the different pages of your site to distribute the authority.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
ninja21 Wrote:Recently, I bought an old domain in my niche which is of high authority and people are also searching for it. It has really got some link juice in it. How can I retrieve the link juice to my site?
Why don't you put some content in the domain and then a put a link of your site in it? It will take some time but it will pass some credible link juice.
Well, it depends on the link. As we know, with 301 redirect about 95% of link juice is being passed on. Therefore if a backlink is spammy, 95% of its "spaminess" will be transfered too. Again, it depends on the quality of backlink. I say look at old domain backlink profile, disavow all bad and spammy links and after it's disavowed do domain redirect.

Again, it depends. If all the content from all websites is related, not duplicate and good quality - it is better. You would basically just combine all the goodies in the same spot. However, if content is not related, bad quality - you gonna get one huge dump instead of several small ones Smile I prefer small dump which are less noticeable Big Grin
Pool Betting Tips
Well, it depends on the link. As we know, with 301 redirect about 95% of link juice is being passed on. Therefore if a backlink is spammy, 95% of its "spamminess" will be transferred too. Again, it depends on the quality of backlink. I say look at old domain backlink profile, disavow all bad and spammy links and after it's disavowed do domain redirect.

A 301 redirect is a permanent redirect which passes between 90-99% of link juice (ranking power) to the redirected page. 301 refers to the HTTP status code for this type of redirect. In most instances, the 301 redirect is the best method for implementing redirects on a website.

For more Visit <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://moz.com">https://moz.com</a><!-- m -->
You can 301 manually redirect links back to the homepage. But i believe Google is trying to track this down so it can leave a footprint issue