Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Changing Domain from one account to another in Godaddy?
I have three acconts in Godaddy. First accounts hosting I will not be renewing. So, I am keen to know how to use the hosting of the second account for the domain which is present in the first account.

I will keep the first account btw. And renew all the domain in it.
Just change DNS records of the domain and redirect it to your desired hosting that's it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes elliekushn's post:
  • lootmeup
Go one ask Godaddy. They shall provide you technical asistance if you need any.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • lootmeup
The reason I am asking this here first and not to Godaddy because they have a tendency to sale a new thing. They can surely suggest me to open a third account and put everything in it. Or, merge these accounts in excahnge for a fee.
I had them removed from one account to another once. But it took them two working days just to put the domain correctly and then the time for DNS to adjust. Wink
(11-08-2021, 08:09 AM)lootmeup Wrote: I have three acconts in Godaddy. First accounts hosting I will not be renewing. So, I am keen to know how to use the hosting of the second account for the domain which is present in the first account.

I will keep the first account btw. And renew all the domain in it.
Domain Name Service DNS is responsible for handling such records. So, you have to change them and try again.
To transfer a domain from one GoDaddy account to another, you will need to follow these steps:

1) Log in to the GoDaddy account that currently holds the domain.

2) Click on the "Domains" tab and then click on the domain you want to transfer.

3) Scroll down to the "Settings" section and click on "Additional Settings".

4) Click on "Transfer domain to another GoDaddy account".

5) Enter the email address of the account you want to transfer the domain to.

6) Click "Send" to initiate the transfer request.

7) The recipient account will receive an email with instructions on how to accept the transfer.

8) Once the recipient accepts the transfer, the domain will be moved to their account.

Note that both accounts need to have been active for at least 60 days and the domain must not be locked, expired, or in the process of being transferred. Also, ensure that you have the correct email address associated with the recipient account before initiating the transfer.
eUKHost : Managed Web Hosting Provider
cPanel Web Hosting | Linux VPS Hosting | Secure Cloud Server Hosting