Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
People are ditching Premium ccTLD's to move to a .COM Domain
Since the last year or so I am seeing this trend in a very wide spread way. It's not that it wasn't present before but it's now spreading like a wild fire.

People are ditching their ccTLD's even the premium ones for a .COM domain. They don't even care if the .COM domain has hyphens in it !!!

I just saw one fellow buy a hyphen domain for $6000. The domain was like "furniture name- an universal word like 'hq' or 'lovely' or 'zone' or 'man'".

I mean it's crazy the guy had a domain which was a premium one in his country. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like stcole's post:
  • bsteve, glight
Wink 
In my opinion, these days it's a very natural thing.

Everybody wants to go global these days. So, when they have some money they tend to move to a .com domain.

Last year, I saw a guy to spend around $11k for a domain. It was not with hyphen but still as you can see it's not a little money.  Cool
I believe that trust is also an issue. ccTLD having an extension such as .co.uk or .au is far more trustable rather than .pk or .bd, so it is not unusual for people from these countries or having extension such as these are more eager to move to a .com domain which even have '-' in it. Still it can create instant faith among the audience which the ccTLD's lack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes glight's post:
  • bsteve
@stcole Majority of the hyphen domains are sold within $1000 or so. If it crossed 5k then I will say it had a lot of potential.

And .com domains have more punch than any of the CCTLD. So, people will be jumping into them. Unless something drastic happens in the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes elliekushn's post:
  • bsystems
Here in UK. Hyphen domains have demand that is undeniable. But if we look into the fact that when people are not looking for "co.uk" type ccTLD's, people usually go for.org.

Maybe it's my circle, or maybe not. But ccTLD which are really good ones, dominate the market.

@glight Indeed the country matters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • glight