Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to redirect links from old page to new one?
I am changing the placement of my content from a sub-domain to another sub-domain. I have plenty of sites linking towards them so how can I change those links to the new pages?
One way is that you can contact the site owners and ask them to change the links to the new page. Or, you can just redirect the old pages to the new pages. In this way you don't have to worry about the links as they will be automatically redirected.
301 redirect is the best that you can have for the purpose. 301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
A 301 redirect also is often described as a "change of address form" you might get at a post office. If someone doesn't know you moved, you want to make sure all your mail is forwarded to your new place.