Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - August 2021
I would very much like to know what's going on in the gaming niche? @white knight
Flying traffic is down as usual.

Otherwise, everything is same. Since we have a loyal followers base. Conversions may be down but not zero.
[-] The following 1 user Likes white knight's post:
  • supaul
Although I haven't seen any noticeable change in the GSC. But majority of our sites took a hit this weekend.

Google is seriously throttling traffic now. Sometimes from any region or for entire site, traffic is becoming zero.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • lucie12
At the end of the day it only means you spend more money on adwords. And absolutely no money on SEO. Wink Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like supaul's post:
  • vk_lord, white knight, zeus
Nothing suspicious in these 3 days of august 21!
So, far this link update hasn't effected us much. Yeah, sure a bit low in traffic at the weekend. But nothing else.

And also in many niches I am seeing Google is taking out spammy sites which is good btw.

@np.carzspa Which niche are you in?
The weekend was very bad indeed. But since yesterday everything is settling down. The main problem is whenever these updates happen whether you are getting traffic or not, or getting good traffic or not doesn't really matters because ecpm rates takes the hit very badly no matter what.
Strange behaviour since Monday. US traffic dropped than usual around 80%. And our core UK traffic is also down by 50%.

Google is diverting all of the traffic to it's friendly affiliate sites. No wonder their revenue is increasing day by day.

Funny any kind of negative effect of the SERP's, is created by the giant but it's being managed by webmasters.
[-] The following 4 users Like white knight's post:
  • lootmeup, supaul, vk_lord, zeus
Now it has become worse than the July update. @white knight
[-] The following 1 user Likes lootmeup's post:
  • white knight
There is some kind of bug. It is effecting the CTR.

And also SERP's are a complete mess right now. Just check the first page of a tech niche keyword. Links are been shown which are atleast 5 years old.