Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does iFrame effects SEO?
I have a query here, if I want the contents of my site to be iframed then will it be good? Does this will effect my rankings?
No mate, I think its a bad idea. The contents of the iFrame will not be indexed and you will loose you rankings. Generally, webmasters use it when they don't want any element to get indexed.
The <iframe> tag defines a rectangular region within the document in which the browser can display a separate document, including scrollbars and borders. The src attribute is used to specify the URL of the document that occupies the inline frame.
It's not going to hurt your site to have all those iframes but the content within the iframes will not help you in any way, either. If you have plenty of good content on those pages in addition to what's in the the iframes, it's a positive for you. However, you're out of luck if you are counting on the content in those frames to help you in any way.
I think there is a misunderstanding about frames affect SEO that I've heard from a lot of people. There is no inherent penalty for having iframes on your site, as there are several legitimate uses for them. There are iframes in Gmail for example. but as Northcutt said, The content of an iframe isn't part of the parent page and isn't going to be indexed as such (if at all), so that could be problematic.