Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What if the Page Speed is really as per Google?
I have bought a new theme for my wordpress blog. Now, the theme is really good but it is showing under 40 rating according to Google's PageSpeed Insight...

How much actually it is going to effect my ranking in the Google SERP's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tabassum21's post:
  • Autofresh.in
It really doesn't matter. A few months back I would have been worried as a f*ck. But now I hear this and it doesn't bother me at all.

You know why?? Because an expert showed me the real issue.. Just go on and check the pages of Google itself. Many even get ratings below 30. Then why would it matter to our site's?

Yes, ofcourse you should remove the unnecessary drags of your page. Apart for it. Nothing is there to be bothered. Because if it loads okay then it's really ok.
It's for a better user experience. indirectly it affects SEO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autofresh.in's post:
  • danni
The simple answer is that page speed does affect SEO. Page speed is a direct ranking factor, a fact known even better since Google's Algorithm Speed Update. However, speed can also affect rankings indirectly, by increasing the bounce rate and reducing dwell time.
@Autofresh.in I agree with you..

@charlesprabhu nahh man!! It has no effect whatsoever directly. It's more of a publicity element rather than an actual tool.

And in my opinion it's way over hyped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes danni's post:
  • Autofresh.in
When real users have a slow experience on mobile, they're much less likely to find what they are looking for or purchase from you in the future. For many sites this equates to a huge missed opportunity, especially when more than half of visits are abandoned if a mobile page takes over 3 seconds to load.

Last week, Google Search and Ads teams announced two new speed initiatives to help improve user-experience on the web. Both efforts recommend that site owners and developers pay attention to user-centric performance metrics and use tools such as Lighthouse and PageSpeed Insights, and real-world field data (e.g. see Chrome User Experience Report) to diagnose and improve user experiences.
And most of the issues will be general (like optimizing CSS, JS, Images, removing unused things...)
Solve them, it will surely improve the score.
(03-08-2021, 05:31 AM)tabassum21 Wrote: I have bought a new theme for my wordpress blog. Now, the theme is really good but it is showing under 40 rating according to Google's PageSpeed Insight...

How much actually it is going to effect my ranking in the Google SERP's.

An additional theme for your wordpress blog cause the under 40 rating in pagespeed insight, however it doesn't correlates with ranking within the google searches. It only affects the users experience in which leads to bounce rate from the visitors.
Speed plays a major big role, no one loves to wait Google is the same. You should pay attention to buying a new WordPress theme, the theme should be fast loading and should not put too much pressure on your website.
Pages with a longer load time tend to have higher bounce rates and lower average time on page.