Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What if Google Changes your Meta Description !!
I have been seeing it since quite a time now. I put one meta description and Google shows another one despite of my liking.

No matter what I do or which tool or plugin I use. Google will change it or tweak it some how in it's own way.

How do you guys deal with it?????
I don't know about your situation . About how you use your metas and what tools (or plugins) you use.

But Google only consider this option of removing user's entered meta if it thinks that your meta isn't serving the purpose of the page through it's description. Or, you have over-optimized your meta. To manipulate users get more clicks.

In the situation where I think that meta are over optimized or simply can be replaced by the search engines. I leave them blank. It's the only logical thing to do. Let the giants decide what's best fit for my page.
Using a tool for meta description is foolish these days.

Because as soon as google bots detects it. Google will ignore your meta description. Just use one simple on-page optimization SEO plugin such as the 'all in one seo pack' or Yoast (which I don't recommend personally btw). And you shall be fine.
(01-27-2021, 05:45 AM)retrobat Wrote: I have been seeing it since quite a time now. I put one meta description and Google shows another one despite of my liking.

No matter what I do or which tool or plugin I use. Google will change it or tweak it some how in it's own way.

How do you guys deal with it?????

When the website page is missing the meta title and description tags, Google will randomly get some related text from the page content in which will provide in the search results.
Google rewrites meta descriptions 62.78% of the time.
Google is not changing your site's description it only pick the most relevant message within the page and provide it in the organic search.
I agree with @ elliekushn, and that is why we also keep our meta description blank for our website!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes sophiawils59's post:
  • elliekushn
@sophiawils59 Many are obsessed with meta description. I mean why bother if you know that it is probably going to be replaced.
@sophiawils59 but your site is having a meta description.
Hi, If you've recently updated your description, Google might not have crawled the page, or updated their index with your content content. It can take time for Google to process the changes you made, depending on how frequently your website is crawled.