Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
12 Important SEO Tips for Your Website
Hello Ramandeep,
I have read your post carefully and it is really quite much interesting. I really like your post, It is really very informative. You can also add some more points in your post like:-
Include Keyword Synonyms in H1 and H2 Tags
I usually use my exact keyword in my page’s H1 and H2 tag. But if I feel that the page is over-optimized, I’ll replace the exact keyword with a synonym instead. So if my target keyword was “Low Carb Desserts” I’d use a term like “Sugar-Free Desserts” in an H1 or H2 tag.

Keep Your Title Tag Under (Approximately) 60 Characters
Google used to limit title tag length based on the number of characters it contained. Today? They use pixels (the current limit is 512 pixels). Because counting pixels is a pain, I just count characters. And I’ve found that staying under 60 characters keeps me under the pixel limit 99% of the time.

Publish Long Content
Several industry studies (including ours) have found a correlation between long content and higher rankings. That’s not to say that publishing longer content will skyrocket you to the first page. But there’s plenty of data out there to show that publishing 1000+ word content helps.

Put Your Keyword Early In Your Title Tag
Search engines put more weight on terms that appear towards the beginning of a page. And the same rule applies to your title tag. So when it makes sense, put your keyword at the beginning of your page’s title tag.

Take Advantage of Internal Linking
It’s easy to overthink internal linking. Here’s the simple system I use:

Link FROM high-authority pages TO pages you want to rank.
It’s simple…but it works.

Use Short URLs
Shorter URLs are better for users and search engines. Also, our analysis of 1 million Google search results revealed that shorter URLs tend to perform slightly better in Google than long URLs.
For example <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://surfessay.com/">http://surfessay.com/</a><!-- m -->.

Use This To Get Longer (4-Line) Description Tags
I’d estimate that Google uses a page’s meta description tag in the search results only about 50% of the time.
It stands to reason that these results will get a higher CTR. The question is:
How do you get these 4-line descriptions? I’ve found that Google uses two factors:

1. The page’s overall authority
2. Actionable tips at the top of the page (how do they know it’s actionable? They’re Google. They’re smart)

So when it makes sense, put an actionable tip (or two) at the top of your page. Google may grab that tip and use it in an extra-long description.

Messages In This Thread