Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Redirected old landing page to a new one, still SERP's are showing the old one!
As, the thread headline stated. I have redirected my old landing page to a new one. But the SERP's are still showing the old one and not just for one query. But for all of my queries.

If anyone clicks on the link. Then it is surely redirected to the new page ofcourse. But since the SERP's are showing wrong data. My CTR has considerably decreased. How to fix it?
First comes the question. How much time has passed? I am assuming that you have submitted the new page through your webmasters tool. And also are you sure that it is showing wrong not only to you but all?

Decrease in CTR from the organic results could be an effect of numerous reasons and causes. If the new landing page is just a new version of the old one (again assuming since you redirected) then I don't think much would have been effected. And also to your CTR to fall. Your positions in the SERP's must have been changed, so how much? Or, your old page link is outdated somehow?
[-] The following 1 user Likes zeus's post:
  • mman29
Can you tell us that how much time has passed, that you have redirected your landing page?
@zeus @sophiawils59 Almost a week or so as of now.
The google will take time to remove that page from serp and you can add noindex on the old landing page.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Valuehits123's post:
  • mediadrug
(09-15-2020, 09:50 AM)Valuehits123 Wrote: The google will take time to remove that page from serp and you can add noindex on the old landing page.

I don't know how it will help. The old page is not in the SERP's its just that the headline is.
Wink 
(09-15-2020, 02:18 PM)mman29 Wrote: I don't know how it will help. The old page is not in the SERP's its just that the headline is.

Because sometimes it does help that way. Once you no-index the old page. The crawlers will send a message to the search engines that the old content is no longer available. And your new page which is already indexed & ranking, will get the benefit. Because sooner the search engines realizes the mistake they will correct it asap.