Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - August 2020
In internet and telecom niche. Its been blazing good. Noticeable increase in conversions.

Usually a site which receives around 2k visits on Sunday's are still struggling to get to the limit. But ad revenue and sales are off the charts. While usually its 2-5 sales on holidays and weekends. Its now 25 or even 30.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anush's post:
  • frank
@anush Adwords is also working fine. ROI is really good. I haven't seen something like this for a long time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • limbo
I guess all good things pass after some time. As the experiment stopped all things are now usual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • frank
Again, throttling traffic is back in a big way.

I don't understand is some kind of scheme from Google?! Let people have some good traffic from adwords and when they do invest big money expecting a good return, just replace the good traffic with plain old zombie.

Hell of a way to make money.Tongue
[-] The following 4 users Like frank's post:
  • avinash, marketingS, nehal91, supaul
@frank Because they have shareholders to worry about.

Around 20-30% traffic is down. In mid-week its odd. Spammers, bots, crawlers all are coming in only just not good traffic. Man!!! I miss the weekend now.TongueSad
Like it or not. But I think Google is really pushing to improve it's SERP's.

It is continuously evolving towards understanding user search intent. That is the reason many are seeing odd results. Youtube videos popping up, pinterst posts popping etc means only one thing.

But how much actual value to search it is showing in the results that's a completely different story though.
[-] The following 2 users Like likewise's post:
  • harvee21, macaulead
@likewise Then why they are pushing amazon products and other useless what not's in the SERP's? If we leave those alone then also SERP's are cluttered with social media posts and youtube videos.

Yeah, videos may give good user experience but that doesn't mean that they will be relevant.

And the way I am seeing 99% chance is that they will be irrelevant as hell.
[-] The following 3 users Like white knight's post:
  • anush, mgob, Paul
Traffic are odd. And in SERP's keywords are going up and down. Is there any sort of update going on fellas?
@mgob I did heard some chattering over this. But weekend traffic is simply being weekend traffic..LOW..

So, can't confirm anything. And sensors like SEMrush are also quite.
Some keywords disappeared from the SERP's apart from that nothing much to report today.

Everything is working fine. Traffic is also good and SERP's are also not flooded with stupid results.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • mgob