Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - August 2020
@lootmeup GA is nuts since the last 48 hours. Our site is reporting 80%+ wrong data.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bae22's post:
  • avinash
@bae22 That's why we usually have clicky or in some site's open web analytics.Tongue
Google is performing some kind of experiment. It's not an update. Because if rankings fell or disappear, they came back after a few hours.

GA was giving problems. But its fine now.Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like zeus's post:
  • avinash29, batman
@zeus Around 60% of the traffic is very uncertain. It may appear or disappear. Since the last two or three days. People are reporting strange things including adsense's ridiculous rise and fall of eCPM's and earnings too.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Earth shattering movements in many niches. I don't think now that it is an experiment or a bug. Some keyword's across many niches just popped at the top from nowhere and some has gone to nothing.
@zeus I already told earlier it was more of an hourly event. So, it cannot be an update. Now they are saying glitch. So, my guess will be experiment and/or glitch.

@supaul Saw your post in blog. Yesterday I was a bit feeling intimidating too. But then I decided to sit back and see what happens.
[-] The following 4 users Like white knight's post:
  • cyndey, davids, supaul, zeus
Well things are back to throttling traffic again.

And its same as it was last week.

@white knight some people do like to make a lot of fuss.

@supaul I not against you. You just reported it. But there are some people who just exaggerate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes davids's post:
  • supaul
After a long time. Today no drama from Google. Traffic is good and also a bunch of quality ones.

Although spammers and bots are an issue but if this persists then I don't mind.
[-] The following 4 users Like mediadrug's post:
  • bae22, designhub, diamondhead, lifelong
Google adsense and adwords both are clueless today.

In adwords, getting clicks then getting not charged and then getting over-charged sometimes.

In adsense after 2000 visits and around 5k impressions a site make only $0.50

I am wondering if its a glitch like previous time or what.
Talking about going nuts. Check SEMrush.

But the strange thing is that I am not seeing much at my end or on my clinet's end..

[Image: Google-August-Updates2020.jpg]