Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Can irrelevant links from Blogspot sites hurt you?
(12-22-2020, 09:04 AM)John-S Wrote: Google will ignore irrelevant toxic backlinks.

Google doesn't ignore toxic links. That's why they have the disavow links tool. What Google does ignore is low quality links.
It doesn't affect at all but this kind of irrelevant links will be the reason of confusions from its target audience. The users will not benefit from the content post.
(02-17-2020, 04:45 AM)bae22 Wrote: Can irrelevant links from Blogspot sites  hurt you?

No, all my sites tend to end up with a bunch of random blogspot links as well.
Spammy links come with the territory of ranking since a lot of these sites are automated, just scraping and posting links.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AidanSEo's post:
  • diamondhead
@AidanSEo Exactly. And these days Google don't even bother to show them in search console if they are too spammy. They just get ignored.
If it's from different niche & not suitable anchor, you can disavow it.
(02-17-2020, 04:45 AM)bae22 Wrote: Can irrelevant links from Blogspot sites  hurt you?
No, Google ignores it or for this knowledge, you have to read google guidelines.
Literally, all sites have them, think it's something ahrefs did because a few months ago they did not appear but they were always there...
Of course they never show up in search console hahha
Depends of the info of the link
It will not create traffic for your website, It will increase your websites bounce rate.
In general, links from irrelevant sites won't hurt your website (unless they are spam sites!), but links from other industry websites do carry more value.