Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Bounce Rate is getting bad everyday !!
Sad 
Bounce rate is getting bad and worse day by day. Our search traffic, I mean the organic traffic used to have below 20% bounce rate.

And now after the June updates and other indexing issues by Google it has gone upto 40% and now its increasing day by day.

This is the overall bounce rate of our site. Any suggestion?? that would help me.
I think your are overreacting much. The thing is overall bounce rate doesn't matter.

What matters is the bounce rate of the individual pages. You should be checking them individually to determine whether it is getting better or not.

For example, take a sales page. Its sole purpose is to take users from landing page and direct them to a page where the payments are processed. Now that page can be outside the particular domain. In this case the sales page would have bounce rate close to 100%. But it doesn't matter because it served its purpose.
Check those pages, which are creating bounce rate. If possible to change anything in it, need to optimize UI of that page. That's will be good enough.
(08-26-2019, 10:57 AM)digvijaybook Wrote: Check those pages, which are creating bounce rate. If possible to change anything in it, need to optimize UI of that page. That's will be good enough.

Sure, its one way to start. But I don't think that's the issue here. Besides OP is telling overall bounce rate which is odd because Google ranks pages and gives traffic to them. Well, unless ofcourse OP's site is a big hitter and gets a lot of traffic just by name.

I ask OP to share some more information regarding this.
(08-26-2019, 10:57 AM)digvijaybook Wrote: Check those pages, which are creating bounce rate. If possible to change anything in it, need to optimize UI of that page. That's will be good enough.

If UI were the real factor behind this then the bounce rate would have been high in the first place.Tongue
Most of the pages which gets ranked have a bounce rate usually around 80%. That hasn't changed but what has changed that the traffic that comes in our homepage. Its bounce rate is increasing. I am also seeing a certain surge in traffic too, can it be the reason?
If your bounce rate is increasing, check the notifications in the google analytics! Analytics insights will show you which page's bounce rate is hiked!
(09-02-2019, 06:23 AM)Autofresh.in Wrote: If your bounce rate is increasing, check the notifications in the google analytics! Analytics insights will show you which page's bounce rate is hiked!

I know how to use analytics. Confused
If you homepage traffic is on the rise then it can be a probable reason for an increased bounce rate of your homepage.