Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Share Thread:
Minimum word count in a Blog post
Is there any minimum word count in a blog post?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrissy's post:
  • sanjidayasmin
There is no rule or limit of minimum number of words. As long as they serve the purpose of the post its all good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes brian's post:
  • cbtech
I think it depends on your niche. For example, lyrics don't even blog, and yet they're the first page and wow those yearly views.

You're probably not hosting a lyrics site or a meme site, so I'd say you need to stick to the general rule of thumb.

For SEO, people say 500 minimum. But, if you're trying to boost your authority, you'll want to write 2,000-3,000-length articles. Of course, readers probably won't want to read that length, but Google will give your site more authority because your content is more thorough for those topics. So it's sort of like an SEO hack rather than an organic way to drive audience. Google will favor your 3,000-word article (high quality) on dolphins over 500-word ones.
Blog post depends on their niches. If you have a lyrics website there is no minimum word needed because it depends on the words of lyrics. But Normally you should write minimum of 300 words to cover the topic adequately. For lyrics website you can follow  lyricsroar.com.
A blog post should be between 1500 and 2000 words long, according to our experts. Learn why it's important to focus on writing high-quality content and how to do it.
Depending on your niche, the optimal post length can vary. But keep in mind that longreads may seem good for Google, but not so tempting for your audience as they're simply too long to read up to the end. So if you've decided to create a longread, make sure it's well-structured.
Technically, there is no official minimum for blog post length, though Yoast recommends at least 300 words.
It depends on the website you're posting. Check their requirements before submitting your guest post.
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
(11-23-2022, 02:15 PM)smartscraper Wrote: It depends on the website you're posting. Check their requirements before submitting your guest post.

Many forcibly say 1000 words or so.

I don't like those bloggers. If I am posting an article then terms should be mine not theirs.

But coming to OP's query there is no limit to that. @Chrissy
A blog post should be well over a minimum of 500-700 words to cover the topic adequately— at least 1,000 words. Longer blog posts need to contain actionable information that will help their readers solve problems.