SEO MotionZ Forum
No of links keeps changing in Search Console - Printable Version

+- SEO MotionZ Forum (https://seomotionz.com)
+-- Forum: Search Engine Optimization (https://seomotionz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Link Building (https://seomotionz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: No of links keeps changing in Search Console (/showthread.php?tid=9298)

Pages: 1 2

No of links keeps changing in Search Console - lolab - 11-19-2020

Since the last two or three days. The total number of incoming links in thee Google's webmaster tool keep increasing and decreasing.

Some might wonder that I have a very huge list of disavow. But it is not. It only contains 7-8 links. And it is been like this for years now.

As link numbers are changing the rankings are also changing drastically. Any clue people?

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - elliekushn - 11-19-2020

Apparently the tool is going through many changes from Google. So, there is that.

And it is already a matter of discussion in our Google SERP & algo watch thread.

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - sophiawils59 - 11-19-2020

I agree with @elliekushn that google has made many changes in search console and that is the reason @op got the fluctuation in that data of links!!

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - Autofresh.in - 12-21-2020

Me too noticed the same thing.
from 3rd Dec to 12 Dec 2020, 9 Domains & 100+ Links decreased.

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - Autofresh.in - 01-08-2021

We've noticed the same thing again this month (JAN)

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - lolab - 01-15-2021

I believe a second wave of Core updates is happening or something.

Because the problem is still there on and off. And Google is totally rearranging our SERP's since the last few days.

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - Autofresh.in - 01-19-2021

Yes, noticing fluctuations from 13th Jan 2021 till the date.

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - hugo05 - 11-22-2021

Hello, this is happening because the tool undergoes many changes, but this problem for me, unfortunately, is also troublesome, it is already so long and it does not disappear, unfortunately, maybe they will fix it one day, but unfortunately it is not known when

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - Aathvika - 02-21-2022

Some backlinks will be a broken links when days passes. Some backlinks will lasts longer as the backlink was not removed by the website owner. So fluctuation occurs.

RE: No of links keeps changing in Search Console - darchie9717 - 04-04-2022

They count every link going to a site but only show a random sampling of those links in Google Search Console. Since links can mean life or death for a website, it’s tragic that Google makes it so hard to see all your backlinks. That is, until now. One of our experts discovered an ingenious way to squeeze more links out of your Google Search Console account.