Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Links from Wikipedia
Many webmasters have told me that getting a link from wikipedia is very good for our community site. Is it true? Does it really help to rank higher or get traffic?
Actually a link from site like wikipedia can get you both traffic and rankings. I am not sure but I have heard that getting listed in it is pretty hard. Somebody with actual experience about wikipedia can give that information to you.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
mailbox Wrote:Many webmasters have told me that getting a link from wikipedia is very good for our community site. Is it true? Does it really help to rank higher or get traffic?

I am not quite sure that a link from site like wikipedia is going to get you rank higher or not. But it will definitely get traffic and exposure in the search results. Suppose, somebody searches something in your niche then it will show your wikipedia page in the search results and indirectly increase your traffic.
From my point of view its always good to get a link from wikipedia. In terms of ranking and traffic both.