Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
No of links keeps changing in Search Console
Since the last two or three days. The total number of incoming links in thee Google's webmaster tool keep increasing and decreasing.

Some might wonder that I have a very huge list of disavow. But it is not. It only contains 7-8 links. And it is been like this for years now.

As link numbers are changing the rankings are also changing drastically. Any clue people?
Apparently the tool is going through many changes from Google. So, there is that.

And it is already a matter of discussion in our Google SERP & algo watch thread.
I agree with @elliekushn that google has made many changes in search console and that is the reason @op got the fluctuation in that data of links!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes sophiawils59's post:
  • elliekushn
Me too noticed the same thing.
from 3rd Dec to 12 Dec 2020, 9 Domains & 100+ Links decreased.
We've noticed the same thing again this month (JAN)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autofresh.in's post:
  • lolab
I believe a second wave of Core updates is happening or something.

Because the problem is still there on and off. And Google is totally rearranging our SERP's since the last few days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lolab's post:
  • Autofresh.in
Yes, noticing fluctuations from 13th Jan 2021 till the date.
Hello, this is happening because the tool undergoes many changes, but this problem for me, unfortunately, is also troublesome, it is already so long and it does not disappear, unfortunately, maybe they will fix it one day, but unfortunately it is not known when
Some backlinks will be a broken links when days passes. Some backlinks will lasts longer as the backlink was not removed by the website owner. So fluctuation occurs.
They count every link going to a site but only show a random sampling of those links in Google Search Console. Since links can mean life or death for a website, it’s tragic that Google makes it so hard to see all your backlinks. That is, until now. One of our experts discovered an ingenious way to squeeze more links out of your Google Search Console account.