Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - June 2020
I hope its a bug. Because are reporting this.

A sudden de-indexing is a real challenge for any webmaster.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 1 user Likes batman's post:
  • marketingS
Its really frustrating if high ranking urls just disappear from the search results.

I talked in some other forums too. Apparently they are seeing something like this but no one is reporting nothing.
Its not a bug guys. More likely another update.
Google is saying that its trying to understand a user's query and giving answers according to them. So, talking about relevancy. But I don't understand here. Why Google is giving lesser importance to head tags which are the most important element to determine what a page if for, or what's the actual purpose of the page is?

They are just giving importance to tags. Metas, general tags, social media hashtags etc.
[-] The following 3 users Like anush's post:
  • danni, ksmith29, white knight
@anush @supaul Although Google hasn't said anything (or done) about links in the recent updates. But I am betting that something about links is going on now. Many are seeing that links from outdated are appearing the GSC.

And also links from Pinterest and other these type of sites are on the rise.

Today we saw an overall increase in traffic. Some might feel jealous but I can assure you that I hardly believe its will stay the same tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes white knight's post:
  • danni
So in the update we lost around 35% traffic allover. And after the update lost another 30%. What the he*l? What are these retards doing? As we also target a specific group of foodies. We have lost all of our traffic there. Because those results are now replaced with youtube and pinterest results.
Google is trying to understand the page and in its way its giving way too much importance to tags and what nots.

Many are reporting that they are ranking for incorrect tags, despite of being removed they are still present. And also many are saying that despite of the same primary keyword they are ranking for tags.
[-] The following 2 users Like danni's post:
  • anush, supaul
(06-13-2020, 03:02 PM)danni Wrote: Google is trying to understand the page and in its way its giving way too much importance to tags and what nots.

Many are reporting that they are ranking for incorrect tags, despite of being removed they are still present. And also many are saying that despite of the same primary keyword they are ranking for tags.

I don't understand here. Then why not give importance to the main kw (50%)and the rest to the additional keywords? If Google chooses any random keyword from the list of all tags then most certainly it will be not user friendly.
[-] The following 2 users Like anush's post:
  • danni, supaul
You can't even rank with tags too. They rank and finally they disappear after some time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes supaul's post:
  • vk_lord
@supaul Actually its more of a demand thing. If the kw has demand and no other pages have the particular keyword then you will get ranked. But these days internet catches up very soon so do the math.