Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Is 301 redirects going to hurt my Blog?
I have a blog which is about 2 years old. There are some posts which are needed to be updated in a yearly basis. So, I had published those articles in new page every year. I just want to know that if I create 301 redirect to the new pages from the old pages, will hurt the ranking of those urls in the SERP's? Will it be going to hurt the SEO of my entire blog?
No 301 redirects will not hurt your site or your ranking of the previous urls. Yeah, some minor fluctuations you may see at the first but in the long run it is going to be just fine.
Having 301 url redirect for a pages in a website that needs attention from Bots is always a good idea. It actually helps your website reach the user specifications.
Suppose, you are giving any updates say 'best phones of 2015', your url had been indexed in Google. And now the year passes and becomes 2016, and for sure you are going to give updates of 2016. So, you change the url or redirect it from the previous post to the new one. It is completely safe and legit according to all search engines. After changing it may occur that the new url took some time get ranked as the previous one but its alright you will get to your original position eventually.
It may take some to get your rank back but I think that your SERP's rankings are going to be alright eventually.
Is it any plugin of 301 and its benefits for us?