Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Google gives a Manual Action Penalty after March 2024 update
It is for "User generated spam".

Our content is well hand written and no funny business. It is tech niche which provides surveys. Now the data is only available for us before posting. So, no one else can generate it. Our site is also not a forum. Although it have some forms which gets published after review. If anybody wants to claim something on the surveys then sure they can fill them up and sent. And also it has tremendous heavy loaded comment section.

Out of all sites I thought about this site the least to get something like this.
Recheck all the forms. And also the comments.

You might think that those are forms but can also be a harmful comment. Those are sneaky ones.
[-] The following 2 users Like nehal91's post:
  • diamondhead, lolab
Why noticed it now? I remember reading your posts in the SERP thread back in March.
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamondhead's post:
  • lolab
(04-18-2024, 02:45 PM)diamondhead Wrote: Why noticed it now? I remember reading your posts in the SERP thread back in March.

As, I said this is the site I least expected. It relies heavily on natural traffic so I didn't even realized it because I thought to drop 10-15% traffic it is not unnatural.

@nehal91 There are at least 6000 forms submitted I have checked so far 700 since the last 2 days. Nothing found so far. I will work hard in the weekend to check them quickly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lolab's post:
  • diamondhead
Keep us updated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamondhead's post:
  • lolab
(04-19-2024, 02:49 PM)diamondhead Wrote: Keep us updated.

Checked all the forms. Found nothing. Now checking the comments. I also had to delete and purge some forms they didn't have any links but they were pure spam.

These days people spam also without links. I am just used to have spam with links. Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes lolab's post:
  • nehal91
Back in 2020 I was puzzled heavily with comments. So, had to disable the entire comment section. You can also check after disabling them it might just work.

But then also it will be rare to get a user generated thin content penalty for just comments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nehal91's post:
  • lolab
Found it. It was one of the couple of comments. Removed the entire plugin of comments.