Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - March 2020
Probably another update is going on. Traffic is on and off through out the day. And it started happening yesterday.

But SEMrush and other tools are reporting nothing.Tongue
(03-06-2020, 03:10 PM)danni Wrote: Probably another update is going on. Traffic is on and off through out the day. And it started happening yesterday.

But SEMrush and other tools are reporting nothing.Tongue

I am seeing a drop in direct traffic since yesterday. And at the end of the day there was also a steep fall in organic ones.

Today organic traffic is good more or less but the direct traffic is still in short.

I face this type of situations during festivals. I am now wondering that whether or not the SERP's gets hit by any global situations (recession, coronavirus crisis etc)?!
Its not that Google is sending us just irrelevant traffic which was actually was happening at the beginning of the week. But the quality of the traffic has fallen to a new low.

And coming to SERP's I am seeing many web 2.0 sites getting ranked pretty well. Specifically to speak the blogspot ones. So, now I am wondering that whether or not Google is pushing this issue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • ksmith29
I doubt it Frank. Google is not pushing the issue of blogspot. Although I am too seeing those sites.

Google is sending lesser and lesser traffic as days are passing so I don't mind. As long as the traffic quality is good. Fighting copied content and re-written ones are common now in most niches so complaining about bad sites ranking good is irrelevant. But for ease to all I will mention that some standards must be set.
Again, tomorrow and day after tomorrow is holiday India. So, primary guess traffic will be down from India.
GA has a bug probably. I am seeing a lot of traffic in the sites but the real-time stat is reporting wrong stats and in many cases no real-time traffic at all.
I am getting huge amount of traffic from Baidu referral as well as organic.
I know that many are saying US traffic being down since yesterday (Monday).

But I am not seeing any variations in traffic. Yeah, maybe some referral traffic is up or down but rather than that nothing alarming.
(03-01-2020, 12:19 PM)mediamonster Wrote: Why am I getting (our main site) facebook mobile traffic anyway? They are useless. 

And also Google is sending pretty much worthless and garbage traffic since last week.
In the last update google following mobile-first index website for ranking. So, this is why you getting most of the traffic from mobile.
GA is reporting a whole wrong set of data. I am seeing people visting my site through clicky but there is no one visting my site according to GA real time reporting's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bishop21's post:
  • anush