Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Share Thread:
Broken Link Building
I contacted the host blog. And they replied to replace the broken links with mine. Back then I thought that the hardest part is done, right?

But it's been 4 weeks now and I haven't heard from them. And neither I am seeing my links in their site. What should I do?
[-] The following 1 user Likes evancr's post:
  • viking91
It may take even couple of months. Atleast you are getting links so be happy.
The first step here would be to follow up. People get busy, and your email may have been buried under other priorities. A gentle reminder about the initial agreement can sometimes jog their memory. In your follow-up, make it as easy as possible for them to take action. Perhaps include the exact code they need to insert to replace the broken link with yours.
If that doesn't work, it's also worth considering other sites that you can reach out to for a similar opportunity. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as they say. If you're looking for more ideas on how to build effective links, check out this guide on the best link building strategies. It has some excellent tips and could give you additional avenues to explore.
(09-13-2023, 06:33 AM)David Jenkins Wrote: I suggest sending a polite follow-up email to the host blog, mentioning the 4-week timeframe and your concern about not seeing your links on their site. If you don't receive a response after your initial follow-up, consider sending another friendly message after a reasonable period. In the meantime, explore alternative link-building opportunities to maximize your efforts.

4 week is too early. 6-8 weeks will be good in this case. The host blogger might get irritated.
Broken link building is a powerful SEO strategy that involves identifying broken or dead links on external websites, and then reaching out to the website owners to suggest replacing the broken links with links to your own content that offers a suitable replacement. By helping site owners fix these issues, you provide value and establish mutually beneficial relationships, while also gaining valuable backlinks to your website. This tactic can boost your website's authority and improve its search engine rankings, making it a win-win approach for SEO and content marketing.
It never worked for us. We tried that years ago and nobody links back to our site even after so many follow-ups.
Broken Link Building (also known as Dead Link Building) is the practice of building backlinks by replacing links to 404 pages with a working link to a target website.
Welcome to the world of broken link building. it's that way only!
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.