Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - February 2020
I am seeing many edu sites are on the losers list of SEMrush. So, google is hitting these online universities now?!Tongue
(02-04-2020, 12:29 PM)mediadrug Wrote: I am seeing many edu sites are on the losers list of SEMrush. So, google is hitting these online universities now?!Tongue

Actually those were the sites which do not have much of a reputation and don't spend big bucks in adwords.
(02-04-2020, 03:41 PM)ksmith29 Wrote: Actually those were the sites which do not have much of a reputation and don't spend big bucks in adwords.

Traffic is up. Its not like that their traffic is down but its the sales part which is completely missing.

And other sites who doesn't got a rise in traffic, didn't got traffic at all. Approximately from what I am hearing about 40 or more than 40% of their traffic is been down.
I just don't get it. Why Chinese sellers are flooding the SERP's? So now they are buying ads from Google or they are just selling through amazon which in turn dominating the SERP's for them?!
(02-05-2020, 04:51 AM)mediadrug Wrote: I just don't get it. Why Chinese sellers are flooding the SERP's? So now they are buying ads from Google or they are just selling through amazon which in turn dominating the SERP's for them?!

The latter should be my guess.

When we see an increased activity in bots. We usually think that an update is coming. And when the update starts rolling bot activity tends to become normal.

But it isn't happening now. Bot activity is increasing gradually. So, if an update is rolling out. Its far from over.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
SERP's are settling. So, this might be over.
A huge burst in traffic just came in. The quality of the traffic is just terrible. BR is around 80% but usually its not even more than 30% for that particular page.
Google is de-indexing pages now. Probably because of low quality.

One of my competitor got blown to bits. Atleast 5 urls from the search results just disappeared.
(02-06-2020, 03:09 PM)retrobat Wrote: Google is de-indexing pages now. Probably because of low quality.

One of my competitor got blown to bits. Atleast 5 urls from the search results just disappeared.

So, I am guessing your ranking's climbed?
(02-05-2020, 03:21 PM)white knight Wrote: SERP's are settling. So, this might be over.

Today again huge fluctuations.

Sites who deals with torrents or provide a software that can be used to do the wrong things are getting hit now.