Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google's January Core Update 2020, is this update flushing out sites who buys link's?
What do you guys think about it?

Because the fluctuations which we are seeing since Google announced to roll out this update seems to be more and more voting on this fact that Google is flushing out sites which were buying links somehow.

A couple of sites in the entertainment niche I knew bought a couple links a year back or so. These sites weren't effected much due to any of the previous updates. Because these sites have a definite viewers base which remains undisturbed (more or less)even if SERP fluctuates. These definite amount of traffic are basically those kw's which no matter how SERP fluctuates remains unaltered.

But since this update those kw's positions as it seems to have changed. Even the admins are complaining that there is a considerable decrease in dialy bot activity on those sites as well.
Actually the problem is each person is viewing this update differently. A guy from Britain told me that his site is doing well for kw's which are popular for Asian traffic but not doing well for those which are from his own country.

Another case which came to my attention is that niche's are hit that's right. But niches are certainly hit by country. As if any niche in US is hit hard then its not necessary that the same niche is hit hard in India or in European countries.

Coming to your topic. I will say that yes somehow we are also seeing this pattern. But we are seeing for those sites only which were too much exposed (meaning links looked unnatural). Sites whose links are relevant remain unchanged. Whether or not they have gained new good positions we have to determine it once the dust settles.
(01-15-2020, 04:36 AM)ani2002 Wrote: What do you guys think about it?

Because the fluctuations which we are seeing since Google announced to roll out this update seems to be more and more voting on this fact that Google is flushing out sites which were buying links somehow.

A couple of sites in the entertainment niche I knew bought a couple links a year back or so. These sites weren't effected much due to any of the previous updates. Because these sites have a definite viewers base which remains undisturbed (more or less)even if SERP fluctuates. These definite amount of traffic are basically those kw's which no matter how SERP fluctuates remains unaltered.

But since this update those kw's positions as it seems to have changed. Even the admins are complaining that there is a considerable decrease in dialy bot activity on those sites as well.

Worry about content first now.
Actually those fluctuations are normal these when any new update rolls out. And I don't think that there is any connection because from what I have heard this update isn't a link related.
Yes, Google's January update affected most of niche website. Yes, the update is flushing out bought links.
Local SEO | Local SEO Services[url=https://www.seoninja.com][/url]
(01-28-2020, 05:47 AM)seoninja Wrote: Yes, Google's January update affected most of niche website. Yes, the update is flushing out bought links.

That's one absurd statement.
(01-28-2020, 05:47 AM)seoninja Wrote: Yes, Google's January update affected most of niche website. Yes, the update is flushing out bought links.

If its been true then all of my sites would have been flushed out. And I would have been out of money.

So, don't make statements you don't really have info about.