Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
www version of the site is saying 301 redirect in WMT
When I submitted my site's sitemap in WMT it saying 301 redirected for www why is that?

Isn't that going to create problem in the long run?
First of all lets be clear here. Is there an actual www version of your site present or you just assumed that it would be present because you got your xyz.com???

If there isn't then obviously submitting it will show a 301 redirect or some similar effect.

And why there will be a problem if a www version is not present? People, bot and whatelse will come looking for only the non-www version of your site. You don't need a solution for a problem which isn't even real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • wigtree
Sorry, I just assumed that it will be present. I didn't know while I bought the domain. Anyway, thanks for clearing it up.

Forum Jump: