Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Most of the marketing agncies fail, why is that?
Well, I think one can write a whole book (or a series of books) just trying to answer that...

In short, I think it goes a little like this:

1 - Often, they don't even know exactly what would "success" mean. Like, realistically speaking, what are the goals that you need to achieve in order to be considered a success? They don't know. Then, they do whatever they want to, not necessarily something that would contribute to success.

2 - If they know the goals, they may now know how to measure it properly. Sometimes there is no measurement, sometimes the measurement is quite biased to make them look good.

3 - If they know the goals and the ways to measure them (and that's a big IF), then there is a lot of strategies, tactics, tips, etc., about how to achieve them. This may take some work, but this is probably on the easier side. Of course, the assumption here is that they try to understand what are the best strategies and etc. for a given situation (also, not necessarily the case in real life).

4 - And, finally, knowing a strategy doesn't mean you are good at the implementation of a strategy. We see great plans with awful execution.

Since item #3 is often the easiest one, you see amazing presentations about plans. Beautiful slides, smooth talkers, nice prototypes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most of the marketing agncies fail, why is that? - by RuskinF - 07-23-2020, 01:24 PM