Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Keyword is ranking for separate url
Our site targets a lot of countries including countries with different languages. But the site doesn't necessarily target the native language of any country but it has separate pages (with separate urls) for them. Say it has pages for both US and Germany, and both of them are in English.

Now, my query here is the page which are for Germany are ranking pretty well but the pages for US are not ranking at all, why is that? Its not that we are targeting the German language we are targeting English then why is this happening. Is this some kind of an error or mistake done by our side?
Its not an error. Its just means that Google is finding your Germans pages more relevant than US ones. I am just wondering if they are all in English then why would you target them differently. A few pages only should be different for separate countries and most of the pages should be the same.
(08-12-2019, 05:03 AM)zeus Wrote: Its not an error. Its just means that Google is finding your Germans pages more relevant than US ones. I am just wondering if they are all in English then why would you target them differently. A few pages only should be different for separate countries and most of the pages should be the same.

No only certain pages are different most pages are the same.
If the target locations has the same languages like English for US or UK there will be no need to separate the pages but for germany you need to have separate page because of the different language used in the page.
I don't understand the concept here. If they all are in English then how come they are different to English speaking and German speaking people.
(08-31-2019, 04:37 AM)lazylord Wrote: I don't understand the concept here. If they all are in English then how come they are different to English speaking and German  speaking people.

OP didn't clear it. So, there is that.
It happens, it is natural, when google finds more relevant information in a different URL other than what you have targeted. So either you optimize that URL chosen by Google or put more information and optimize well the page you want to target.
It only means that Google finds the pages for German audience more relevant than the USA pages.
Also, people searching in English in Germany are going to be far and few so it is easy to rank those pages in Germany but as the choice comes to the USA, there may be already a lot of pages that help the users better in English.
Hence you do not rank for those Keywords in the USA but you do in Germany,
URLs are a minor ranking factor search engines use when determining a particular page or resource's relevance to a search query. While they do give weight to the authority of the overall domain itself, keyword use in a URL can also act as a ranking factor.
David, can you please share the URL of your multi-language website?
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.