Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Chnaging Meta description can effect SEO
A keyword is ranking in one of the top positions of Google. Now changing the meta description can effect the rankings?
I don't understand if a kw is already ranking at the top positions then why change something.

And believe it or not meta description are not for search engines they are for users. A good meta can get good CTR even though if its not ranking in the first or second position.

Many people suggest and do leave the meta description empty. That's because they let search engines decide what's best for the page.
(07-06-2019, 04:49 AM)ksmith29 Wrote: I don't understand if a kw is already ranking at the top positions then why change something.

And believe it or not meta description are not for search engines they are for users. A good meta can get good CTR even though if its not ranking in the first or second position.

Many people suggest and do leave the meta description empty. That's because they let search engines decide what's best for the page.

I understand what you are saying but in many niche and kw types, people prefer changing meta's to check and see how it is impacting the CTR.
To OP I say. Don't do any major change. Small changes such as manipulating words here and there can be done. I am assuming that you are trying to increase CTR.
No, it won't make a change but if you change the ranking keywords, then it can affect your website page ranking in search engine results