Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Chnaging Meta description can effect SEO
A keyword is ranking in one of the top positions of Google. Now changing the meta description can effect the rankings?
I don't understand if a kw is already ranking at the top positions then why change something.

And believe it or not meta description are not for search engines they are for users. A good meta can get good CTR even though if its not ranking in the first or second position.

Many people suggest and do leave the meta description empty. That's because they let search engines decide what's best for the page.
(07-06-2019, 04:49 AM)ksmith29 Wrote: I don't understand if a kw is already ranking at the top positions then why change something.

And believe it or not meta description are not for search engines they are for users. A good meta can get good CTR even though if its not ranking in the first or second position.

Many people suggest and do leave the meta description empty. That's because they let search engines decide what's best for the page.

I understand what you are saying but in many niche and kw types, people prefer changing meta's to check and see how it is impacting the CTR.
To OP I say. Don't do any major change. Small changes such as manipulating words here and there can be done. I am assuming that you are trying to increase CTR.
small changes in meta description wont create any major changes in SEO but if you do major changes then it will affect the SEO ranking of your web page.
(08-08-2019, 09:38 AM)rajverm0364 Wrote: small changes in meta description wont create any major changes in SEO but if you do major changes then it will affect the SEO ranking of your web page.

Either how metas doesn't effect SEO or rankings. They can only effect CTR because they are a part of user experience.
If the Meta description changes include inserting new keywords then it will affect majorly the SEO of the page
SEO ranking wont be affected with meta description changes if the changes are minor.
Hi,
Don't Change the Meta Description if its not necessary.Changes in site content will affect on SEO Page Ranking.
(07-06-2019, 04:43 AM)harvee21 Wrote: A keyword is ranking in one of the top positions of Google. Now changing the meta description can effect the rankings?
If its already ranking maybe you dont have to change it But if you create helpful meta description It will increase your CTR overall. Hope it helps
Help your business grow digitally with quality. Smile

Digital Desire