Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Changing url to be a more descriptive one
One of our keyword is ranking pretty well. And we get around 100 visitors from Google everyday. Now potential searchers for that particular keyword is around 5k per day.

So, a friend of mine suggested that maybe I should make the url more descriptive so it may attract more users. And also if I do it then is there any maximum limit of changing the url?
There is no maximum limit to that.

But I will strongly suggest that don't touch (or change in this case) an already ranking url unless you have completely no choice. A proper 301 redirect can be done. But also it can effect the page position in the SERP's. And also you might loose the SERP position forever.

And lastly a descriptive url can help. But I would say that if you have a clear headline then it won't matter. People see the page title and often just ignores the url. It is just a myth.