Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Review] Sonic Blast!
Site Name: Sonic Blast
URL: www.sonicblast.org
Type: Forum
Site Info: Welcome to the next level! Are you ready? We are a friendly environment that toxic social media giants simply cannot provide. We have been around for over 13 years and had to switch to self-hosted software last year. Continually improving and adding new features, Sonic Blast is the premiere Sonic forum! Please give us a look, we are starting fresh!
I am not reviewing it now. But from what I am seeing that your site is taking way too much time to load.
Indeed Danni. The page speed score is 41. And its terrible. I took a quick look in it.

To OP I say minimize all these graphic options. No one wants these much options in the homepage. Forums are based on content not on all these sparkly designs. It had to be user friendly.

And also I am seeing that the forum is not mobile friendly.
Thanks for the feedback. Let me say a few things.

1) I had no idea it took too much time to load, because it's instant for me even with cache deleted. I checked out the page speed score and got it way up. Thank you for pointing this out. I got it up to 90 so far and going to keep improving that.

2) @vk_lord do you think mobile friendly is needed in this day and age? Phones and tablets have been able to display webpages as well as a PC for years and I personally hate mobile designs and always choose desktop on my phone. I suppose I can give an optional mobile theme for those who don't want to use the app.
(05-20-2019, 08:09 PM)Metallix Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. Let me say a few things.

1) I had no idea it took too much time to load, because it's instant for me even with cache deleted. I checked out the page speed score and got it way up. Thank you for pointing this out. I got it up to 90 so far and going to keep improving that.

2) @vk_lord do you think mobile friendly is needed in this day and age? Phones and tablets have been able to display webpages as well as a PC for years and I personally hate mobile designs and always choose desktop on my phone.  I suppose I can give an optional mobile theme for those who don't want to use the app.

Its not that what I want or what you want. Its what your audience wants. In general mobile users are on the rise so its a general conception that you make your site mobile friendly.

And I don't think that your review of the forum is published yet so until wait the final review.