Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Some malicious files hosted
I have recently got the following email from my hosting service provider -

As provider of Shared Hosting services, we monitor the usage of all our customers to ensure that our Quality of Service is not adversely affected. Our goal is to ensure that one customer should not affect all the other customers on the same server.

As part of our routine monitoring, we have observed that some of the files hosted on this server belonging to domain name hosted under your account, has some malicious files hosted.

In order to prevent blacklisting of our service with various service providers, we have blocked outbound port 80 for this domain name as a precautionary measure. Here are the details of the files that were detected to be malicious.

/home/sinfotec/public_html/.htaccess
/home/sinfotec/public_html/.htaccess.526
/home/sinfotec/public_html/.htaccess.765
/home/sinfotec/public_html/.htaccess.322
/home/sinfotec/public_html/.htaccess.219
/home/sinfotec/public_html/.htaccess.101

We strongly suggest you to scan all the above listed files for any vulnerabilities. If the files are part of some plugins of your CMS, then we suggest you to update the plugin to the latest version or contact the plugin developer directly.

I am confused how to solve this problem and what should be done from my end. I truly appreciate your help in resolving the problem.

Thanks
Although, your topic is not about email marketing. But I am going to reply.
It seems that your .htaccess file is creating the main problem. So, why don't you rebuild it and upload it once more.