Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Robots.txt affect on SEO Work
I blocked my website on robots.txt for the search engine due to maintenance. Now making backlinks for my website is a good idea or not. Will my website authority affected due to block in robots.txt?
If you have blocked your site. Then whether you build links or not it doesn't matter you will not get ranked.

In order to rank you have to unblock your site.
Hi,

Once you block robots.txt, then no meaning of making backlinks because it won't be visible or rank on search engine.
When you blocked your website through robots.txt, its means google bot can't fetch updated information for the search query. During website block no meaning to build backlinks, it can't reach with your website. So, please don't make backlinks.
Thanks for your prompt answer. I have blocked my website for the search engine due to maintenance. Should I need to unblock my website now?
So, I leave 5 concepts about these files that must be taken into account and assimilated.

1. Where you place your file is more important than you think.
2. The type and file size can affect that your robots.txt file is not read
3. A disallow only prohibits reading the content not indexing (and first is not focused to desindexar)
4. If the content is not read, as is logical, the HTML directives are ignored
5. The wording of the URLs is simple, but very specific and its reading rules are not as intuitive as it might seem.