Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What are Unstructured Citations in Local SEO?
What are exactly Unstructured Citations in Local SEO? I have been hearing this term a lot lately. Can anybody explain it to me?
Well citations as the word suggest itself it means getting displayed.

Now if your name or brand name get displayed in the mediums where any business name or any initiative can get displayed its called Structured Citations. Like getting displayed in the business owner's directory of a city or getting your name displayed in the list of the names of offices in your building. Simple it means that your name is there where it should be.

On the other hand un-structured citations means that your name is got displayed in any unusual list or category. For example, you got cited in the list of the top restaurants or top businesses. Or, a business owner who is not of your field but displayed your name because he or she thinks that you are the best in what you do. Its just like an caterer referring an would be couple a bakery for cakes or wedding venue (I know its unusual), you know stuff like that.
danni Wrote:Well citations as the word suggest itself it means getting displayed.

Now if your name or brand name get displayed in the mediums where any business name or any initiative can get displayed its called Structured Citations. Like getting displayed in the business owner's directory of a city or getting your name displayed in the list of the names of offices in your building. Simple it means that your name is there where it should be.

On the other hand un-structured citations means that your name is got displayed in any unusual list or category. For example, you got cited in the list of the top restaurants or top businesses. Or, a business owner who is not of your field but displayed your name because he or she thinks that you are the best in what you do. Its just like an caterer referring an would be couple a bakery for cakes or wedding venue (I know its unusual), you know stuff like that.

Thanks Danni. I got the idea.
A quick refresher on citations. Listings on formal directories are called “structured citations.” When other types of platforms (like online news, blogs, best-of lists, etc.) reference a local business' complete or partial contact information, that's called an “unstructured citation.”Dec 6, 2018
Simply put, citations are mentions of your business on the web, with or with a link. It can be the company name + address, company name + phone number, company name + address + link, the most common format for a complete citation is company name + address + phone number (NAP). When it comes to local search rankings, local citations play an important role. Citations are like a trust factor for Google - when established directory sites have mentions of your business, it comes off a signal of authority for Google. Citations are especially important when your business is in less-competitive nich...