Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Can a blog rank with 90's design?
Can a blog rank with 90's design? I mean I got this blog on sale. Its pretty good and with slight adjustments and new content it can go well.

But the thing is that the design can't be altered.
Buy the blog first. I would suggest if you haven't done it yet. Get full controls of it and check for yourself what is what.

And also I would suggest that you should talk to a web developer. Many sites design can't be altered but then can be bettered according to the present needs.
supaul Wrote:Buy the blog first. I would suggest if you haven't done it yet. Get full controls of it and check for yourself what is what.

And also I would suggest that you should talk to a web developer. Many sites design can't be altered but then can be bettered according to the present needs.

I agree. Many themes can't be changed but they sure can be customized according to the user's need.
Send me a link too.
Sent you all PM's.
I don't see any problem with customization or even upgrades. You should talk to a good web developer for this.
Yeah, I talked but the developer is saying that there is nothing much can be done script wise. Its a wordpress theme which is very old. And uses plugins which are also very old. The plugins don't even provide support. There is a possibility that I can upgrade the theme and the older version of wordpress script but the developer is not sure that the site will hold with the present extensions.
Download all the content. Reinstall the blog with updated scripts & plugins and then just upload the content. Keep the old post urls and just redirect them to your new ones.
Yeah, before adding more new content you must redirect the old ones correctly.