Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Can duplicate content within a site hurt rankings??
Its may be a basic question to you guys. So, don't make fun of me.

I have this issue. A site of mine has various duplicate pages. Well not likely exact duplicated buy most of the content is copied from one to another.

So, does it going to hurt my site's SEO and rankings? If yes then how can I make it stop. Assuming the fact that I cannot delete the same (duplicated) pages. Any suggestions?!!
It has effects that's for sure. See the duplicate pages are within your site so when google will evaluate the pages it will only index the one with higher authority. And another effect which will be as being multiple pages present for the same kw the authority will get divided & the respective kw will rank lower even if it had potential.

Here's what you can do.

- Make the pages which are not needed to be noindex.

- Or, you can use canonical tags to say to Google which page to give importance.
Duplicate content hurt your SEO so don't do it again and if you are unable to delete those duplicate pages, simply change the content on those pages with the original content.
Autofresh.in Wrote:Duplicate content hurt your SEO so don't do it again and if you are unable to delete those duplicate pages, simply change the content on those pages with the original content.

Sorry, I haven't been clear enough. They can't be changed or deleted, we have to let them be as they are. Its for the entire site's sake.
Hi,

Yes, definitely duplicate content can hurt your site ranking...
Any user visits your site to get some knowledge or information, if they not found, then they immediately exit from the website that can result in low targeting audience ranking and high bounce rate too.

so, always try to add different content as per different webpages details.
Yes , Definitely it will effect the site Ranking and for SEO also. Google Will look for Original and Unique Content and hit back on duplicate content. For Good SEO and For a good Page Ranking we should be maintaining original and unique content for sure. You must make the user to be on your site for more time by posting engaging and useful content.If the User Doesn't found Any useful content and then they leave with in a fraction then our webpage's bouncerate increases and it will effect the ranking.
Duplicate content will hurt your rankings. Its always better to avoid it.
If you are having multiple pages with same content then it will hurt your seo.
In simple words i would like to say yes, duplicate content is always harmful.
Yes, Duplicate content will always effective for your website ranking because Google algorithms are very smart which always track your content.
Your content should be unique and this is very important part of SEO.