Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
10% bounce rate, is that really good?
For a landing page is 10% a good bounce rate? The page leads to the product pages through several links. Its a common landing page for atleast 10 products.
Although I am unaware of the details but in general any bounce rate less that 20% for a page which is just a receiver I will say its good.
kaplan Wrote:For a landing page is 10% a good bounce rate? The page leads to the product pages through several links. Its a common landing page for atleast 10 products.

Sounds interesting and good. But how much conversions are you actually getting?
Yes 10% bounce rate is very good for a website. It will help to rank your webpages higher in search results.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
RH-Calvin Wrote:Yes 10% bounce rate is very good for a website. It will help to rank your webpages higher in search results.

Bounce rate has nothing to do with the higher rankings in the SERP's.
anush Wrote:Sounds interesting and good. But how much conversions are you actually getting?

Lets just say that 6 out of 100 click throughs are getting converted.
From what I am seeing this actually pretty good. Many people will kill just to lower the bounce rate below 20%. And you said that out of 100, about 6 are getting converted, right? Its also a pretty decent parameter too.
I am not looking much for to reduce bounce rate but I am definitely looking for to increase sales.
Then share some information about what you are selling.
I think that your landing page is doing ok, more or less because your metrics are quite satisfying.

What you can do is alter traffic source, check which products are doing well already or which ones should do great after changes. It goes to the sales pages of the individual products too. Before doing anything else mark all the metrics about your present situation including the number of conversions of the individual products.See which ones are doing good at which time & in what circumstances. In this way while doing experimenting if anything does happen than can effect your conversions negatively can be changed to its previous form easily.