Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What is Page Rank and is it important?
What is Page Rank and is it important?
siva s Wrote:What is Page Rank and is it important?
Page Rank or simply PR is the term used by Google to determine the quantity of valued links to a site. It generally shows the link popularity of a site.
Google has now said that they will be not updating the PR anymore. So, webmasters have to rely on other options such as moz DA/PA, majestic metrics etc.
Hi siva s! PageRank is an algorithm used by Google Search to rank websites in their search engine results. PageRank was named after Larry Page,[1] one of the founders of Google. PageRank is a way of measuring the importance of website pages. According to Google:

PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is. The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.
Hi! A PageRank results from a mathematical algorithm based on the webgraph, created by all World Wide Web pages as nodes and hyperlinks as edges, taking into consideration authority hubs such as cnn.com or usa.gov. The rank value indicates an importance of a particular page. A hyperlink to a page counts as a vote of support. The PageRank of a page is defined recursively and depends on the number and PageRank metric of all pages that link to it ("incoming links"). A page that is linked to by many pages with high PageRank receives a high rank itself.
Yes..I completely agreed with @motionz. Thanks for your input.
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm used by Google to determine the relative importance of a website. It is score given by Google for each and evry site between 0-10.
Page rank also takes into account irregular metatags by indexing and penalizing "spamdexed" entries which are often exhibited as duplicate key word entries. When spamdexed webpages are discovered and reported to Search engines.
Page rank is a numeric value given by google, range from 0 to 10. Based on your website traffic, content and back links Google gives this value. Now days PR is not important.
PR page rank means it is the rank of your page display by the Google, It generally shows the link popularity of a site.
It is a numerical value 0 to 10 provided by Google for each and every page and tells how important the page is on the web. Google gives the page rank based on quality backlinks and domains.