Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to start Copywriting as a career?
How to start Copywriting as a career? I have been thinking of it a lot. Which work should I do first?
Start with blogging first. Its the best and the most simplest way to start. Learn the curves of writing any content first and then go for any job.
Start writing in your notepad first. Read something and write it in your own way just don't think. And then once you have finished read it see for yourself what you have written. And then again repeat it. Do this before you jump of to blogging or something else.
regp Wrote:How to start Copywriting as a career? I have been thinking of it a lot. Which work should I do first?

Why do you want to be a Copywriter anyway?
zeus Wrote:Why do you want to be a Copywriter anyway?

I find it very interesting that just by writing content how people are able to get sales. I know that this will take time and patience but I am willing that.
Good luck anyway.
To start your career as a web copywriter, you can follow the below steps:

1. Learn the basics of SEO like keyword research and keyword utilization during content development. Focus mainly on on-page SEO like Heading tags, paragraphs, meta title, meta description, etc. 
2. Decide about which industry you want to offer copywriting services. However, it is difficult to select only one industry. List 3 to 4 niche in which you can develop content comfortably. For instance, if you find it easy to write technical content, then focus on the technology industry. By doing so, you can reduce the intensity of competition.  
3. Develop the content writing samples. Create a simple website and upload all the samples in pdf format. So that you can share the samples with just a short URL. 
4. Use different marketing platforms like Facebook groups, email, Quora, and paid campaigns to get clients. 
5. If you want to work as a full-time employee, use the same URL to apply for jobs. 

All the best!
Works in Digital Marketing Company
Manager and Business Development Executive Smile
(01-31-2019, 12:47 PM)rajeshmurthy Wrote: To start your career as a web copywriter, you can follow the below steps:

1. Learn the basics of SEO like keyword research and keyword utilization during content development. Focus mainly on on-page SEO like Heading tags, paragraphs, meta title, meta description, etc. 
2. Decide about which industry you want to offer copywriting services. However, it is difficult to select only one industry. List 3 to 4 niche in which you can develop content comfortably. For instance, if you find it easy to write technical content, then focus on the technology industry. By doing so, you can reduce the intensity of competition.  
3. Develop the content writing samples. Create a simple website and upload all the samples in pdf format. So that you can share the samples with just a short URL. 
4. Use different marketing platforms like Facebook groups, email, Quora, and paid campaigns to get clients. 
5. If you want to work as a full-time employee, use the same URL to apply for jobs. 

All the best!

Instead of using these spam filled platforms. OP should post in UPwork. Its a great place to start.