Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does changing post title effect SEO?
I've got a post that ranks pretty well, but the title of it is a bit odd, I was wondering if its going to hurt my SEO if I were to change the title completely? I mean I'd leave the targeted keywords in it but it will be different!
if you already ranked with title keywords then if you change complete keywords of title the it will effect you SEO. If the keywords is not ranked or the title keywords is not relevant to your business then no problem in changing the title full.
If you have already got good ranking with a particular keyword and used or utilized the keyword in the title, then changing the title will surely effect SEO.
if that title gets good ranked, don't disturb that. If u change the title or description, a ranking of that page will automatically drop. So double check before changes the title or description.
Changing the post title will definitely affect the page ranking because if that title is the one providing you with top ranking then changing the Title and description will be harmful because it might bring your site down on the page.
before you change the Title completely, don't forget to take the backup of last title description which are ranking pretty well. so in case if the new changes don't improve ranking you can revert the title description to the previous one.

Davidwatson Wrote:I've got a post that ranks pretty well, but the title of it is a bit odd, I was wondering if its going to hurt my SEO if I were to change the title completely? I mean I'd leave the targeted keywords in it but it will be different!
If you change the title of the site but do not change the main keyword and its position it will not affect much. Follow the advice of seo experts :
_ Research keywords and make the title one of the most standard, do not make much change
_ If need to change, consider and research the keyword again for accuracy
_ Changing the title frequently, google will have to update and change your keyword rankings again, you will face more disadvantages
_ If your previous keyword attracts many customers and now it's gone, you should change the title and optimize the article for the SEO standard
If you are ranking well already then i would suggest to don't change much; Huge change can hurt your SEO.
I think changing the title won;t effect the SEO but keep in mind that keyword and url must remains the same as they were previously used. It is also suggested that don't change the title frequently and also publish the article when you are sure about the title.
Changing your title can do one of three things:

1) Hurt, as in not ranking for intended searches.
(You rank really well for student loans, but change the title to stupid loans.)

2) Help, as better ranking for searches of what it should be.
(Your title is on stupid loans, but you want student loans and that's spot on.)

3) Nothing.
(Your site was not ranking, so what the heck?)
Or
(Your site was #5 for student loans in the fall and you changed in to student loans in October. No movement)

So everybody that answered blindly, "yes," "no," or "maybe," YOU ROCK!