Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
I let Google choose my meta description
I let Google choose my meta description. And it choose the best from my page. And now its ranking much higher.
Good for you. Its always good to hear a success story.
People are obsessed with meta description as how they are going to put it. But the simplest and the wisest option is to let Google decide what's best for your page.
I always write a meta description. Google will still use their own snippet for some query terms, if the snippet team's algo decides that the meta description isn't good enough for that query.
Another issue is this -- without a unique meta description in the page source, that url stands more of a chance of sliding out of the main index. So paradoxically, I think that there's MORE need for a meta description on the less important pages!