Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Difference Betweeen SEO and SMO ?
SEO(Search Engine optimisation)- It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.
Work-
SMO(Social Media Optimisation)- It is the process of increasing the awareness of a product, brand or event by using a number of social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity.
Difference between SEO & SMO-
Process- by “SEO” Optimising your website for search engines While “SMO” Sharing content off the site.
Goal- by “SEO” Increase traffic via search engines While “SMO” Increase brand recognition and popularity among people.
Method- by “SEO” Select and use keywords, optimise HTML and backend coding, add meta descriptions, alt tags, headers… While “SMO” Create quality content and spread it as widely as possible through social media channels.
Result- by “SEO” Seen over the long term While “SMO” Short intervals of success.
What exactly is your point here??
SEO and SMO are very similar in the respects that they both include content creation in an effort to improve traffic however the difference between SEO and SMO is that SEO is an effort to improve the traffic to an intended website, whereas SMO is an effort to improve the activity and communications between a network and a single user or brand.
SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a website on a search engine. SEO is a technique used to increase the amount of visitors on a website by obtaining a high ranking placement in a search engine result page.
SMO is the process of increasing the awareness of product, services or brand by using a number of social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and many other.
In my view SEO gives website popularity & visibility in search engine. and other hand SMO gives traffic of website.
Thanks dear for this information.
SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of website or webpage in the web search engine unpaid result, SEO may target different kind of search such as image search, video search and academic search. It optimises the website and gives it’s ranking in webpage. It includes on-page technique and off-page technique.

SMO is a strategy for drawing new and unique visitors to a website. SMO can be done two ways: adding social media links to content, such as RSS feeds and sharing buttons or promoting activity through social media by updating status or tweets, or blog posts.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a process that is used to improve ranking of your website in a search engine and gain high traffic to a website. In other hand The SMO is known as Social Media Optimization, SMO helps to make brand awareness with the social media.
SEO - Search engine optimization, process of increasing the visibility of websites on search engine result page by following the terms and conditions of search engines.
SMO - Social Media optimization, process of creating profile on social media platforms.