Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What is Panda and Penguin?
Can anyone define Panda and Penguine?
Panda and Penguin are two algorithms used by Google to detect spam.
Panda algorithm is to detect Low quality sites. It means that sites which have very low quality content, thin content, copied content, content which are aggregated from different other sites and manipulated only to get well ranked.
Penguin algorithm is to detect spammy links of a site. It means sites which are using black-hat seo to get ranked in google. This includes links from irrelevant sources, low quality links, paid link sources & also these apply to the links which are outgoing from your site.
PAnda is the latest google search algorithm which is remove low quality website from search engine result page. basically panda is consider the content of website. avoid duplicate and low quality content from your website.
These are the google algorithms. Panda is used to detect the spam content sites and penguin is used to detect the spam links.
Google Panda is a change to Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011. The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites" or "thin sites", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.

Google launched the Penguin Update in April 2012 to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results, in particular those doing so by buying links or obtaining them through link networks designed primarily to boost Google rankings.
I agree with your answers. Nice information you guys shared.
Panda mainly focus on content duplicacy and Penguin Focus on back links.
These are two algorithms developed by Google where penguine is useful to check duplicate backlink and panda is used to check duplicate content
siva s Wrote:Google Panda is a change to Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011. The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites" or "thin sites", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.

Google launched the Penguin Update in April 2012 to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results, in particular those doing so by buying links or obtaining them through link networks designed primarily to boost Google rankings.
You have explained it very well in short, i think i need not to reap[eat your words. Big Grin Smile